Regular and ongoing training helps ensure that appropriate State of California executives, counsel, management, and program staff gain an understanding about Tribal sovereignty, become informed about the cultural setting of California Indians, their environmental issues and tribal histories to improve our relations, partnerships and work with California Indian Tribes.
The views and opinions expressed by the training presenters are not are not necessarily the views of State of California.
- Working Effectively w/Tribal Governments (conducted 11/1/2012, US EPA, Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR), and Cal/EPA)
- Cultural Resources Sensitivity Training (conducted 6/26/2012, Cal/EPA)
- Tribal Sovereignty Training (conducted 5/12/2012, Cal/EPA)
- Tribal Water Stories 2009, Tribal Water Summit, Department of Water Resources)
- Early California Laws and Policies Related to California Indians (.pdf), 2002, California State Library, California Research Bureau (K. Johnston-Dodds)
- California Indian History from Pre-1769 to 1980
- Early California Laws and Policies Related to California Indians (.pdf)