Welcome to the Governor's Tribal Advisor Office
The Office of the Tribal Advisor created by Executive Order B-10-11 in 2010 is part of Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr.'s Administration. The Tribal Advisor reports directly to Governor Brown. She is responsible for overseeing and implementing effective government-to-government consultation between the Governor's Administration and California Tribes on policies that affect California tribal communities. The Tribal Advisor's charge is to serve as a direct link between the tribes in California and the Governor; facilitate communication and consultations between Tribes and State Agencies; and review state legislation and regulations affecting Tribes and provide recommendations.
Tribal Advisor, Cynthia Gomez serves on the Governor's Drought Task Force. She is coordinating efforts with other state agencies to ensure California's tribe's, who's jurisdictions may be impacted by the drought conditions, are included.
State Agency Links
- 10/29/14 Transportation Annual Consultation Meeting (doc)
- 9/4/14 Environmental Enforcement and Training Grant Program Accepting Applications Through Sept. 30
- 2/24/14 Weekly Drought Update
- 2/10/14 The Advisory Council on Historic Preservation has a job opening in the Office of Native American Affairs
- 2/03/14 CILS free tax preparation for low income individuals
- 1/31/14 Drought Response Environmental Stakeholder Call TODAY
- 12/9/13 Desalination Grants - Deadline 01/16/14
- 12/6/13 RIVERSIDE COUNTY: First Native American Judge Appointed
- 12/3/13 US EPA Brownfields Assessment, Revolving Loan Fund and Cleanup Grants
EPA is also hosting two webinars to assist applicants. The first will provide information to assist applicants as to what information is necessary to apply for the grants. The second will review the TABEZ tool which can be used to build an assessment or cleanup proposal.
FY14 National Outreach Webinar on 12/10/14, 12:30PM-2:00PM EST
Using the TABEZ Tool Webinar on 12/13/14, 12:30PM-2:00PM EST
- 12/31/12 Heather Hostler Appointment as Tribal Advisor Gomez' Executive Assistant (.pdf)
- 9/8/2012 Governor Brown 2012 Native American Day Proclamation
- 2/7/2012 Judge Cynthia Gomez Appointment as Governor Brown’s Tribal Advisor and NAHC Executive Secretary
- 9/20/11 Governor Brown's 2011 Native American Day Proclamation
- 9/19/11 Governor Brown's Executive Order B-10-11